Articles & Books
- Halbach, Matthew W. Becoming a Parish of Mercy: A New Vision for Total Parish Evangelization. Twenty-Third Publications (2016)
- Halbach, Matthew. Missionary Discipleship: Pope Francis’ Heartfelt Call to Catholics Today. Twenty-Third Publications (2018) $2.95 each
- Huesbsch, Bill. The Art of Accompaniment: Four Essential Conversations on Becoming the Kind of Parish the Church Needs Today.
- The Art of Accompaniment
- USCCB. Living as Missionary Disciples (2017) downloadable in Spanish and English. Basically a “how to guide.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyELB-tezjs (The video teaches how to use the booklet).
- Boucher, John and Therese. Sharing the Faith That You Love. The Word Among Us (2014).
- Pope Francis. Evangelii Gaudium. (2013) downloadable.
- Study Guide available from Bill Huebsch at Twenty Third Publications
Joy of the Gospel Study Guide
- Weddell, Sherry. Forming Intentional Disciples. (2012) – Book designed for parish staffs to encourage those in the pews to be evangelizers.
- Evangelii gaudium (2013) – The Joy of the Gospel
- Gaudete et exsultate (2015) – The call to holiness in today’s world
- Gaudium et spes (1965) – The Church in the Modern world.
- Christifideles laici (1988) – Lay members of the faithful and their mission.
- Redemptoris mission (1990) – Permanent nature of the Church’s mandate to be missionary.
YouTube videos on Missionary Discipleship
- Living as Missionary Disciples in a Challenging World (11-12 minutes) – Click Here
- Living as Missionary Disciples during Lent. (11 minutes) – Click Here
- Barron, Bishop Robert on Intentional Discipleship (11 minutes) – Click Here
- The Joy of the Gospel (55 minutes) – Click Here
- Martin, Curtis. Forming Missionary Disciples from Steubenville Conference 2015. – Click Here
Adult Online Learning Opportunities
Through the Notre Dame STEP Program (Learn More) – Each course is 6 weeks. Many others are available online.
- Catholic Social Teaching Intercultural Church: Best Practices
- Eucharist as Source and Summit of the Christian Life
University of Dayton (Learn More) – The Diocese of St. Augustine is partners with them, so classes are greatly discounted. Courses are 2 to 6 weeks.
- Parish as a Learning Community
- Evangelii Gaudium
- Laudato Si
- Echoes of Racism: Whispers of Healing
- Romero: Pastor: Prophet, Martyr, and Saint Advanced Catholic Social Teaching
- Gaudete et Exsultate
- Ministering in Times of Scandals and Divisions
(90 other courses available)
Liturgical Training Publications (Learn More) – Virtual workshops, can be done as a parish group. Mostly one hour.
- Become What You Receive
- Understanding Chrfist’s Presence in the Eucharist
- Mass to Mission: Children as Disciples (Includes 50 other courses)
Programs and Best Practices
Alpha in the Catholic Context: Alpha is a parish tool for evangelization based on hospitality, sharing, and open conversation. While there are materials for purchase, the core of Alpha can be downloaded and training can be done either online or in person. Click here to learn more.
ChristLife: Catholic Ministry for Evangelization: Consists of three modules, Discovering, Sharing, and Following. Each Module is 7 weeks. This program is for purchase with videos and workbooks as well as training guides. Click here to learn more.
Kergyma Process: This is a locally developed program of engagement formulated at St. Catherine of Siena Parish in Orange Park. Kerygma comes from the Greek for the proclamation of the mystery of the love of God and invites us into a person relationship. Program focuses on retreat model, with pre- and post- sessions. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Journey/ElCamino: Making Missionary Disciples Today. Helping discover a renewed personal encounter with Jesus. Paulist Evangelization. 3 modules available in English, Spanish, Teen version. Training module is included in the packet. These materials all need to be purchased. Click here to learn more.
Websites on Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship
- Catholic Apostolate Center wide range of materials for use in groups, individually. Youtubes, articles, print materials;
- 21st Century Evangelization NCCL Blog, conversations on evangelization with specialists in the area;
- St. Paul Street Evangelization Evangelization ideas, kits to set up a team;
- New Evangelization USCCB on Evangelization, basic premises of evangelization, articles, programs approved for use in the United States.
General Websites for Ideas for Adults
- Augustine Institute Through their Formed platform, lots of materials for use in homes or in parish groups.
- Cultural Diversity Resources USCCB
- Education for Justice (also materials for Teens and Children)
- Magis Center How faith and science meet. Lesson Plans for youth and young adults
- Archdiocese of St. Paul/Min Advocacy Education Materials for use with all age levels in forming people to be advocates.
General Websites for Ideas for Children and Youth
- Joe Paprocki and the Catechist’s Journey practical ideas for class and home
- Catholic Mom Liturgical year crafts and prayers for use in home, can also be used in the classroom
- Catholic Relief Services for Children and Youth
- Liturgical Catechist This website is packed with resources from all over
- Jared Dees: The Religion Teacher Timely lesson plans for the whole year, practical and to the point.
- Sister Rose Goes to the Movies Sr. Rose provides lesson plans around current movie snippets
- St. Mary Press Resource Center Media and print resources for teens
- Strong Catholic Families articles for parents, ideas for all
- Teaching Tolerance Secular website with good ideas on tolerance for all age levels.